Kitchen blinds... privacy at last! - January 2013
We're on a hill where we live and overlook a road at the back, so folks could look up and see in. Although it was only a building site out there when we moved in, it still creeped me out - especially if I forgot and wandered into the kitchen while nursing! Eek! So I finally got these blinds up in late January. We got them from Tesco and I really like the feel of them. The one thing I didn't like about them was the big gap at the top of them, eugh:
So I worked a way around it... I got a baton of scrap wood I had and put two strips of double sided tape on it:
I took the off cut (I'd had to cut the blinds down to size a little to fit the aperture) and stuck it on.
Then I took my trusty glue gun and glued the baton to the blind fixings, et voila!
*Please ignore the sorry looking flowers!
I'm not sure this would work with every pattern but it worked on this one.